Tax return for non-residents
Tax declaration time?
A happening we all look forward to every year. As a taxpayer it's already hard enough to find your way through the tangle of tax rules. For foreign taxpayers this is often even more confusing. Fortunately, this is our expertise. We have been taking care of tax returns for foreigners working in the Netherlands for many years. This means staying abreast of the most current legislations.
Some things you should look out for as a non-resident are:
- What type of form has the tax office issued? If it is a so-called M(igration) form, you will have to work your way through the most complicated income tax form there is. And also take note: this form is only available in Dutch!
- The rules have changed as of the start of 2015. Do you meet these ‘new’ rules for eligible non-resident tax liability?
- Do you have or are you eligible for the 30% facility? Do you know what to do in order to get and keep this facility?
- The compulsory social insurance contributions. The rules for the tax office and for social insurance offices are different. It is important to know which social insurance system applies to you.
- Are you entitled to allowances? When preparing your tax return, we check as standard whether or not this applies for you, so you don't miss out.
- Are you taking full advantage of the fiscal opportunities in the Netherlands?
Do you have questions?
Contact our tax department for obligation-free advice.